Re: usability question - how to search manual

From: Tim Reeves
Subject: Re: usability question - how to search manual
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 11:27:23 -0800

>> I admit that not finding the function for a simple line brake was not very
>> smart of me. I have studied the online-manual thouroughly, but it's not easy
>> to find solutions there, and I haven't found them for the descripbed
>> problems.

>Try the PDF version as it is really easy to search.  Also you can search
>within sites with google (haven't tried this, but imagine it works)

It doesn't really matter how easy it is to search the manual if you enter search terms incorrectly - you'll still not find what you're looking for.

The original poster spelled "break" wrong, and I doubt the Lilypond manual discusses mechanisms for slowing down a vehicle!

Ah, the hazards of the English language. ;-)

Tim Reeves