Re: Usability Question

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Usability Question
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 20:45:44 +0100

Jonathan Henkelman wrote:

Upro <jelden <at> gmail.com> writes:

I admit that not finding the function for a simple line brake was not very
smart of me. I have studied the online-manual thouroughly, but it's not easy
to find solutions there, and I haven't found them for the descripbed
problems.

Try the PDF version as it is really easy to search. Also you can search within sites with google (haven't tried this, but imagine it works)

Actually, the index of the manual is fairly ambituous and includes,
among others, the search terms
"breaking lines" and "line breaks" (not to mention that there's
a section title "Line breaking"). I guess the problem is that
many people haven't found the index (At www.lilypond.org,
click on "Documentation" for your version of Lilypond, then
on "User manual" and "LilyPond index".

If you find that some obvious index term is missing, please
send a hint to the mailing list, (see
http://lilypond.org/web/devel/participating/documentation-adding).

  /Mats