Re: Usability Question

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Usability Question
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 15:17:15 -0800

Andrzej Kopec wrote:
I also have a usability question. I'm using lilypond-2.10.11 (linux executable)
on intel
centrino 1.4MHz with 256MB of RAM, and I cannot render 10 page chamber piece of
music due
to lack of memory. after 15 min I stop "Layout outputting to 'xxx.ps'" and I
found outputted
4 pages of 10. If I turn swap off, I'm given "Out of memory error".

Han-Wen has just fixed a large number of memory leaks; try the same file with 2.10.12 when it's released. You don't need to buy new hardware or anything like that.

To complain more: convert-ly simply doesn't work for me.

That's one of the issues in my "odd jobs" list.  I welcome any help.

Ps.sorry for my english -- as I've never been in UK/USA I know it only
theoretically.

That's ok; people in the USA don't even know English theoretically!  :)

Cheers,
- Graham