Re: Macros for typesetting chords and polyphony

From: Bertalan Fodor
Subject: Re: Macros for typesetting chords and polyphony
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 17:47:08 +0100

For simpler cases I'd (also) use jEdit's Abbreviation capabilities (instead). (Perhaps along with SuperAbbrevs plugin.)
However, you examples with abbreviations are as the following.
The second is trivial with jEdit's abbreviations. You just set a new abbreviation with these settings:
Before caret: << {
After caret: } \\ { } >>

If you set the shortcut of Expand Abbreviation to Ctrl-Shift-Space (as I do), you just write
yyCtrl-Shift-Space and there it is.

The second is not so simple, and is not exactly reproducible, but there is an easy way to parametrize abbreviations:
Before caret: <
After caret: >$1

Then you write:
q#2#Ctrl-Shift-Space