Re: ps and pdf question

From: Anthony W. Youngman
Subject: Re: ps and pdf question
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 08:55:59 +0000

In message <address@hidden>, Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> writes

Anthony W. Youngman wrote:
And IME (and I stress IME) pdf doesn't do what it says on the tin, anyway! In other words, it does NOT print accurately. I would LIKE to be able to print an A4 pdf on a sheet of A4 paper. It seems to me, however, that whatever I do, Acrobat always sticks the top left corner of the pdf in the top left corner of the printable area of the paper.

Okay, that could well be down to crappy Windows drivers, and it could well work properly in *nix, but on Windows I either get a slightly smaller image than I should, or my top and left margins are slightly too big.
I hope you have tried all possible settings of "Page scaling" in the Print window. Below the preview, it also specifies exactly what scaling is used for the printout
(at least on my version of Acroread).

Yes I have!

The problem is simple - if I select "scale to fit" then I'm not getting an exact image, and if I select "don't scale", the image is offset down and right by the non-printable margin.

If I've gone to the trouble of telling the pdf what size paper I've got, I'd like to be able to print accurately on that size paper :-)

I do not seem to be able to tell Acrobat to lay an A4 image exactly over a sheet of A4.

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman - address@hidden