Re: White diamond, black diamond, and possible small sponsorship?

From: v!ctor address@hidden
Subject: Re: White diamond, black diamond, and possible small sponsorship?
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 01:31:33 -0500

Trevor,
I suppose you thought of just changing the size of the black diamond, like this:
%%% BEGIN %%%

  %\version "2.11.7"

  \layout { ragged-right = ##t }

  \new Staff {
    \override NoteHead #'font-size = #3
    \once \override NoteHead #'style = #'harmonic
    c'4
    \override NoteHead #'font-size = #6
    \once \set shapeNoteStyles = ##(mi mi mi mi mi mi mi)
    c'4
  }

  %%% END %%%

Obviously, the shape is still not the same although the sizes now match. You can also try something like this, although it might seem a bit too hacky:
%%% BEGIN %%%

%\version "2.11.7"

\layout { ragged-right = ##t }

\new Staff {
  \override NoteHead #'font-size = #3
  \once \override NoteHead #'style = #'harmonic
  c'4
    \once \override NoteHead  #'stencil = #ly:text-interface::print
    \once \override NoteHead #'text = #(markup   #:combine  #:musicglyph " noteheads.s0harmonic" #:fontsize 2 #:musicglyph "noteheads.s2neomensural")
  c'4
}

Notice how, while the diamonds are now identical in shape, the stem of the black diamond does not reach its correct position. Not sure exactly why, but I guess you would have to make a \once tweak of this too.

Let me know if you find a better way.

Victor.