How can I index and search Lilypond files?

From: Stephen Corey
Subject: How can I index and search Lilypond files?
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 16:39:53 -0500

Hello,

I'm using Suse SLED on my work computer and now have over 240 Lilypond
files to work with.  I'd like to be able to have Beagle index the
content of these files so I can search by keyword for instances where I've
done something unusual or tricky and would like to repeat it.  I've tried
for quite some time and just can't figure it out.  I'm assuming it is a
file association problem, at least in the sense that it isn't a file type
that Beagle will normally index. These are currently considered a "plain
text document" on my computer and for whatever reason they don't get
indexed. I apologize if anyone is offended by a question not relating to
Lilypond internals, but I suspect the solution to this would help others
who have faced this issue.