lilypond not working

From: prince mathew
Subject: lilypond not working
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 07:49:01 +0000 (UTC)

Dear Sir,

i download lilypond for windows and installed in my pc.
But when double clicking the icon it tells elow message.
i save that file in desktop and drag it to the icon of lilypond, and a pdf
file got. i double clicked again in the lilypond icon, and doing the same.
nothing happened.
i need to use my computer keyboard as piano. What i want to do next.

%{
Welcome to LilyPond
===================

Congratulations, LilyPond has been installed successfully.

Now to take it for the first test run.

  1. Save this LilyPond file on your desktop.

  2. Pick it up from the desktop with your mouse pointer, drag and drop
     it onto the LilyPond icon.

  3. LilyPond automatically produces a PDF file from the musical scale
     below.

  4. To print or view the result, click on the newly produced file called

        Welcome_to_LilyPond.PDF

That's it.  For more information, visit http://lilypond.org .
%}

\header{
  title = "A scale in LilyPond"
}

\relative{
  c d e f g a b c
}

\version "2.10.0"  % necessary for upgrading to future LilyPond versions.