Re: proposal: second style for quartertone accidentals

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: proposal: second style for quartertone accidentals
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 16:29:37 -0800

On 1/27/07, Orm Finnendahl <address@hidden> wrote:
Am 27. Januar 2007, 12:06 Uhr (-0600) schrieb Trevor Bača:

> Question: would it be possible to have access to *both* sets of
> glyphs? It seems to me that I've seen both types of glyphs mixed
> together in single scores; usually the existing quartertone glyphs
> show exact quartertone alterations while the arrowed glyphs show
> approximate alterations.

Well, my proposal meant to be completely backwards compatible. I
thought about something similar to the "notehead-style" property like
saying

\override #'accidental-style = "arrowed"

for getting the arrowed accidentals and

\revert #'accidental-style

for switching back.

Ah, OK. I very much vote yes. I've wanted the arrowed glyphs for quite
some time and would like to see them as part of the standard
distribution.

--
Trevor Bača