Re: pageBreak?

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: pageBreak?
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 13:52:45 +0200

On 1/28/07, Ole Schmidt <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

This is another beginners question:

Between every System I put a \break, between every Page a \pageBreak
The first page is fine, the second is spread on two pages , why??

If you want to control all the page breaking manually, you should also
tell lilypond _not_ to break where you don't want it to break. For
example, you could say something like

breaks = {
\repeat unfold 10 {s1 \noPageBreak}
\pageBreak
\repeat unfold 13 {s1 \noPageBreak}
\pageBreak
\repeat unfold 5 {s1 \noPageBreak}

flute = \relative c {music...}
clarinet = \relative c {music...}

\score {
 <<
   \new Staff <<\flute \breaks>>
   \new Staff \clarinet

}

By the way, I recommend to put the "\new Staff" in the score block and
not in the definition of the variables. That way, you have more
flexibility for tweaks like this (or, for example, if you want to put
the flute and the clarinet in the same staff).