Re: pageBreak?

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: pageBreak?
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 11:40:51 -0800

On 1/28/07, Ole Schmidt <address@hidden> wrote:
\noPageBreak work!! Thanks Joe!

ole

Am 28.01.2007 um 14:31 schrieb Bertalan Fodor:

> Ole, have you tried \noPageBreak? I would not be surprised if it
> had no effect.
>
> Bert
>
> Joe Neeman írta:
>> On 1/28/07, Ole Schmidt <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> the breaks are made where I set them, the first pageBreak too, the
>>> systems of the second page are spread over two pages. Strange to me
>>> is that only the first page behave as it should...
>>
>> You forced lilypond to put page breaks in certain places. You never
>> told it that it couldn't put them in other places. If you want it to
>> break _only_ where you tell it, you have to explicitly tell it not to
>> break anywhere else. This is what \noPageBreak is for.

Would it be worth it to have a pair of settings -- probably something
like manual-page-breaks = ##t  and manual-line-breaks = ##t in the
layout block -- that told lily "do not ever create a page break except
where I say so explicitly with \pageBreak", and likewise for \break?

I kinda wonder how many people out there have a breaks-voice sitting
in the first staff of their score -- just like in Joe's example -- and
how much simpler those breaks-voices would be if they could consist
only of explicit \breaks and \pageBreaks ...

--
Trevor Bača