Re: Lead sheet examples?

From: Robert Kennedy
Subject: Re: Lead sheet examples?
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 22:18:42 -0800

> Try
> \new ChordNames \with {
> voltaOnThisStaff = ##t
> }
> instead of "\new ChordNames"

Thanks. That helps quite a bit, and I looked through the archives,
too. The problem now is that the volta lines are much too high,
especially the one for the first ending where there is no chord symbol
underneath it. But even the second one is too high.

How should I fix that? Below is my little example file as it stands
now.

Many thanks!

        -- Robert

\header{
  title = "Bouncing with Bud (Bebop in Pastel)"
  composer = "Earl Rudolph \"Bud\" Powell"
  enteredby = "Robert Kennedy"
  style = "jazz"
}

harmonies = \chordmode {
  bes1:maj bes1:maj b1:maj b1:maj
  bes2:maj c:m7 d:m7 ees:dim7
}

melody = \relative {
  \key bes \major
  \repeat volta 2 { r8 f bes[ f'~] f4. f,8 bes f'8~ f2 r4 r8 f,8 b[ f'~] f4.
f,8 }
                  \alternative { { b8 f'~ f2 r4 } { b,8 f'~ f2 r8 ees8 } }
  { | \mark \markup {\box "A1"} d c bes a c bes a g f d ees ges~ ges4 f8 ees d
c f b, r4. }
}

\layout {
  \context { \Score \override RemoveEmptyVerticalGroup #'remove-first = ##t }
}
<<
  \new ChordNames \with {
    chordChanges = ##t