Re: overriding default tuplet number

From: Bret Whissel
Subject: Re: overriding default tuplet number
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 14:01:16 -0500

Thanks, Trevor.  Your solution doesn't seem to work in 2.8, but I'll
keep it in mind for after I upgrade.  In the mean time, Bert's solution
does seem to work for 2.8, though it is syntax with which I was
unfamiliar before now.

Ole, I was trying to write the time equivalent of

   \time 12/8
   bf4. a8. c8. bf4. a4.

but with the dotted-eighth notes written as bracketed duple quarter
notes instead.  The \times 3/4 { a4 c4 } gives the correct time scaling,
but writes a "4" in the bracket.  If I were trying to write 4 eighth
notes, this would be correct, but I think a "2" would be less confusing
in this case.

If anyone's curious, I posted the final piece to
http://bretwhissel.net/gloriapatri.pdf

Bret