Re: Dashed bar lines

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: Dashed bar lines
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 07:57:44 -0600

On 1/30/07, Marcel Korpel <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello all,

Because I am transcribing renaissance music I am looking for a method
to draw dashed bar lines. In this case, it is not appropiate to draw
bar lines between staves, because that would clash with the lyrics
and, moreover, I use different time signatures for different staves.

I am aware of the possibility of drawing dotted bar lines (using
Timing.defaultBarType = ":"), but those dots are a bit too large for
this purpose (a bit nitpicking, I know).

The 2.10 NEWS file gives an example of dashed (rather than dotted) barlines:

 http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/topdocs/NEWS.html

Barlines between staves are printed (or not) as SpanBar grobs.
Overriding SpanBar #'transparet = ##t might help.

--
Trevor Bača