Why is the text shifted, when using \hspace ?

From: Roland Goretzki
Subject: Why is the text shifted, when using \hspace ?
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 00:37:35 +0100

Hi list,

using crescendoText with a dashed line I wanted to put a bit more space
between the text and the dashed line with \hspace #1.

But then I found that the dashed line was shifted to the right as wanted,
but the text from the crescendoText was shifted also, upwards,
ca. .5 staff spaces, and this is, what I don't want.

Is this a bug or a feature, or what else am I perhaps doing wrong?
A very little example file is in the attachment.

Best Regards           Roland