Re: How to change spacing between accidentals?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: How to change spacing between accidentals?
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 11:51:19 +0100

Mats Bengtsson escreveu:
> As far as I can understand, you are talking about the placement of the
> accidentals within the key signatures, right. In that case, I don't
> understand
> why Han-Wen referred you to the mailing list, since that spacing is hard
> coded in the implementation, which even contains some special handling
> of natural signs to avoid similar problems in conventional key signatures.
> To me it seems that the only solution is to do some more hacking in the
> C++ code.
>
> The AccidentalPlacement object deals only with temporary accidentals
> on notes, which is something completely different.
>
>   /Mats
>
> Andreas v. Heydwolff wrote:
>> Oops, sorry, forgot to tell: dev. version 2.11.14-2
>> and Thunderbird crashed while sending the mail, so here it is once more:

Sorry Andreas,

I was a bit grumpy, and didn't notice you were talking of the key signature
rather than accidentals.  I've added a padding property

(\override KeySignature #'padding = #0.1)

but I doubt whether
it really solves the issue.  What is needed is for someone to add skylining
support to key-signature-interface.  Perhaps you could entice Joe to do it?

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com