Re: pageBreak?

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: pageBreak?
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 16:32:39 -0600

On 2/1/07, Joe Neeman <address@hidden> wrote:
On 2/1/07, Trevor Bača <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Joe,
>
> This is cool.
>
> So setting line-break-permission = ##f should preclude the value of
> page-break-permission, right? (IOW, saying "don't put line breaks
> anywhere except where I tell you" should entail "don't put page breaks
> except where I tell you, too", right?).

It should, but it doesn't (until the next unstable version, anyway).
This logic is currently handled by the \break, \pageBreak, etc. macros
but it's a good idea to check it in the backend too.

OK, cool.

> Question: in the following snippet, setting line-break-permission =
> ##f clearly has the intended effect: only a single line of music that
> runs off the page; but commenting out line-break-permission and
> leaving only page-break-permission = ##f seems to have no effect (ie,
> still multiple pages of music). What am I missing in setting
> page-break-permission = ##f?

There's a bug (fixed in my working copy) where in order to forbid
page-breaks you need to use '(), not ##f.

Ah. Yup. Using #'() works fine. I'll wait to .16 for ##f.

Neat. I'll probably start using these for my control-freak layouts ...

--
Trevor Bača