Causing dyanmic text to overlap?

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Causing dyanmic text to overlap?
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 18:21:14 -0600

Hi,

We usually want to avoid collisions at all cost.

But is it possible to get the fortissimo below to vertically alignment
perfectly with the surrounding pianissimi, sitting at exactly
staff-padding = #8 (and keeping the tight spacing of the 32nds,
achieve through proportionalNotationDuration)?

This is essentially the same question as asking whether there are
settings that we can use to *allow* dynamic text to overprint.

%%% BEGIN %%%

\version "2.11.15"

\new Score \with {
  proportionalNotationDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1 32)
  \override DynamicText #'outside-staff-priority = ##f
  \override DynamicText #'staff-padding = #8
  %\override DynamicText #'extra-spacing-width = #'(+inf.0 . -inf.0)
  %\override DynamicText #'non-musical = ##t
} {
  c'32 \pp
  c'32 \ff
  c'32 \pp