Re: How do I get rehearsal marks at both end and beginning of lines?

From: Bertalan Fodor
Subject: Re: How do I get rehearsal marks at both end and beginning of lines?
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 09:53:10 +0100

I also don't like the idea using RehearsalMarks just because TextScripts can not be aligned as you wish. I generally want to RehearsalMarks as they are now (for things like \mark "A"}, but there are some places in the same score when I want to put some scripts aligned to the end of the measure.

Bert

I think that the whole \mark thing should be rethought by the developers. There should be a way to place markup-s in certain places:
- only top staff
- aligned to the end/beginning of measure/line/next line.

That's all possible by setting the alignment to left or right and/or moving the
Mark_engraver from the Score to the Staff context. The only thing that's
not supported for the moment is
-printing one mark at the end of a line and another at the
 beginning of the next line, as was requested here.
- Printing one mark above the system and another one below the system
 (for example an up fermata above and a down fermata below). As long
 as you have several staves, this can be worked around by moving the
engraver as mentioned earlier, but not if you want to do it with a single stave.