Re: reference manual, examples and MIDI

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: reference manual, examples and MIDI
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 12:29:58 -0800

Marc Dimmick wrote:
When the manual says "See Program Reference" (for example, See Program Reference TimeScaleMusic), What does it mean? Where do I find or see the program reference?

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/

And when it says "see examples" (as in See Example: input/regresion/tuplet-nest.ly), where do I find those examples, how do I call them?

Err, this is a trickier (and much nastier!) one. I'll fix this one the weekend... for now just ignore all the "input/regression/" info.

If it says "input/test/" then look at "Tips and Tricks" on the above page.

Lasatly, how do you invoke the midi 2 ly command. I read the manual but am unsure. Do I include the 3 dots? Will there be a new file? Where will I find it?

You need to use the command line of your operating system. For OSX, this is called the "terminal". For Windows, it's called "dos shell" or "command shell" or something like that. Please consult documentation for your operating system for help with this.

Cheers,
- Graham