Re: Lyric-notehead alignment problem

From: Bertalan Fodor
Subject: Re: Lyric-notehead alignment problem
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 17:22:47 +0100

I don't understand. If you say \autoBeamOff, a8[ b] will be regarded as a melisma.
So the lyrics for it will be only one syllable, like, this4

Bert

Illtud Daniel írta:
Bertalan Fodor wrote:
It's not a bug. The lyrics syllables are considered as melisma syllables, so the are aligned left.

Thanks for the reply, Bertalan - much appreciated.

So there's no way to achieve what I want? Ie, manually
beamed notes with a syllable per note within a beam aligned
normally under the note? If I go back to automatic beaming,
it works, but splits the beams differently from what I
want.

If there's no workaround... can I make a feature request? Or am
I asking for something extremely unusual?