midi to ly

From: Marc
Subject: midi to ly
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 22:10:45 +0000 (UTC)

Hello!

First, I want to thank Mats B., Valentin V. and Graham P. for their useful
comments on the reference manual.

I also have a question about midi to ly. I am using Lilypond version 2.10.14 on
a Windows XP SP2. When I open Lilypond I get a DOS command window and a
lilypond text editor. I am unable to input text in the DOS shell, say the
midi2ly commands (the cursor blinks but does not move) and if I do open another
DOS line command window I get a reply saying that the commands are not known.
Also, I am not even very sure what sequence of code I need to use to make a
MIDI file become an *.ly document on the desktop.

I am very thankful of any help on this matter.

Marc.