2 problems

From: Palmer, Ralph
Subject: 2 problems
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 07:58:59 -0500

Greeetings -

I'm running LilyPond 2.10.10 under Windows XP Pro SP2. I'm using ConTEXT
v0.98.3, with the LilyPond Highlighter.

While running convert-ly, some of my files would not update; I got an error
message that convert-ly couldn't find the version number, even though \version
"2.10.1" was the first uncommented (i.e., beginning with %) line in the file.

I also am having problems with the file structure, so I decided to start
simply, and from scratch, but I'm having problems with that, too. I can't
figure out what's wrong with this file, but I suspect the problem may be
related to the missing version problem.

%%%%%%%%% Begin Snippet %%%%%%%%%%%

%% A Major Scale
\version "2.10.10"
\include "english.ly"
\header {}
\key = { \key a \major
        }
\time 4/4
scale = {
        A1
        }

% ---- Score ----
\score {
        \scale
        }

%%%%%%%%%% End Snippet %%%%%%%%%

And here's the log:

%%%%%%%%% Start %%%%%%%%%

# -*-compilation-*-
Changing working directory to `C:/Documents and Settings/rpalmer/My
Documents/Ralph/Sheet Music/LilyPond/Classical/Scales'
Processing `C:/Documents and Settings/rpalmer/My Documents/Ralph/Sheet
Music/LilyPond/Classical/Scales/A Scale.ly'
Parsing...
C:/Documents and Settings/rpalmer/My Documents/Ralph/Sheet
Music/LilyPond/Classical/Scales/A Scale.ly:1:2: error: syntax error, unexpected
$undefined, expecting '='
ÿþ
  %C:/Documents and Settings/rpalmer/My Documents/Ralph/Sheet
Music/LilyPond/Classical/Scales/A Scale.ly: 0: warning: no \version statement
found, please add

\version "2.10.16"

for future compatibility
error: failed files: "C:\\Documents and Settings\\rpalmer\\My
Documents\\Ralph\\Sheet Music\\LilyPond\\Classical\\Scales\\A Scale.ly"

%%% End %%%%%%

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I like LilyPond and the result I can
(usually) get.

Thanks,

Ralph
Ralph Palmer