where to specify bar number commands?

From: Ed Stauff
Subject: where to specify bar number commands?
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 22:03:33 -0500

I'm trying to turn off bar numbers using the following command, as specified in the documentation:

\property Score.BarNumber \override #'break-visibility = #end-of-line-invisible

LilyPond chokes on it with the following errors:

error: unknown escaped string: `\property'
error: syntax error, unexpected STRING, expecting '='

I've tried putting the command several places in the LilyPond file, but I still get the error. Where is it supposed to go?

Thanks!

-- Ed

| Edward L. Stauff                         http://www.mewsic.com/Ed |
| Musician, software guru, author, bibliophile, cohouser, aikidoka, |
| husband, dad, microferroequinologist, woodworker, (order varies). |
| "Specialization is for insects." -- Lazarus Long (R. A. Heinlein) |