Re: Rehearsal Mark Spacing

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: Rehearsal Mark Spacing
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 16:55:56 -0600

On 2/10/07, Bryan Stanbridge <address@hidden> wrote:
Greetings,

I'm wondering if there's something special about first bars that maybe
I'm missing, but here's what I want to do:

I would like to have this RehearsalMark object appear at the beginning
of the score, but have it not affect the spacing of the measures below
it. Here's a small example to show what I want, and my surprise that
no-spacing-rods doesn't seem to work here. I used the repeat just to
make sure it floats to the second line, in case it was just the
alignment playing an issue, but I don't think that's it.

Any ideas?

\version "2.10.16"

\score {
   \new Staff {
     \time 3/4
     \override Score.RehearsalMark #'no-spacing-rods = ##f
     \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X = #-1
     \mark \markup {\large \bold "Peacefully, yet joyously" }
     R2.*2 |
     \repeat unfold 15 { r2 <es'' es'''>4 }

Hi Bryan,

Try

%%% BEGIN %%%

\version "2.11.16"

\new Score {
 \new Staff {
   \time 3/4
   \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'X-extent = #'(0 . 0)
   \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X = #-1
   \mark \markup {\large \bold "Peacefully, yet joyously" }
   R2.*2 |
   \repeat unfold 15 { r2 <es'' es'''>4 }

Hope this helps.

--