Re: Two staves one stops with repeat the other continues

From: Jay Hamilton
Subject: Re: Two staves one stops with repeat the other continues
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 15:32:51 -0800

Mats-
Yeah I thought of that after I sent the message.  So I tried it and fiddled
with the input.  Your example worked but once I filled in the actual data it
promptly got all wonky so it won't work as a two lined score- the defaults, I
suspect are just too many to override.   It also seems that if I try to give
the longer-2nd- line a volta 2 it the program rejects it as not matching the
first line and then attaches the alternative measure to the score as a 3rd
staff.  Very strange.

So I'm going to try your second suggestion of two scores on one page which I
didn't think was possible and I've not seen (but I suspect is somewhere) an
example of to get it right.

Thanks-
Jay

Jay Hamilton