Re: 2 problems

From: stk
Subject: Re: 2 problems
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 03:29:51 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Your .ly file contains the line

   \key = { \key a \major }

I don't think there are any legal LilyPond expressions of the form

   \foo = anythingatall

Did you mean to write something like

   mykey = { \key a \major }

?

However, I don't understand the error message the system gave you.

-- Tom

rpalmer wrote:

I also am having problems with the file structure, so I decided to start
simply, and from scratch, but I'm having problems with that, too. I can't
figure out what's wrong with this file, but I suspect the problem may be
related to the missing version problem.

%%%%%%%%% Begin Snippet %%%%%%%%%%%

%% A Major Scale
\version "2.10.10"
\include "english.ly"
\header {}
\key = { \key a \major
        }
\time 4/4
scale = {
        A1
        }

% ---- Score ----
\score {
        \scale
        }

%%%%%%%%%% End Snippet %%%%%%%%%

And here's the log:

%%%%%%%%% Start %%%%%%%%%

# -*-compilation-*-

Changing working directory to `C:/Documents and Settings/rpalmer/My
Documents/Ralph/Sheet Music/LilyPond/Classical/Scales'

Processing `C:/Documents and Settings/rpalmer/My Documents/Ralph/Sheet
Music/LilyPond/Classical/Scales/A Scale.ly'

Parsing...

C:/Documents and Settings/rpalmer/My Documents/Ralph/Sheet
Music/LilyPond/Classical/Scales/A Scale.ly:1:2: error: syntax error,
unexpected $undefined, expecting '='

^?รพ

  %C:/Documents and Settings/rpalmer/My Documents/Ralph/Sheet
Music/LilyPond/Classical/Scales/A Scale.ly: 0: warning: no \version
statement found, please add

\version "2.10.16"

for future compatibility

error: failed files: "C:\\Documents and Settings\\rpalmer\\My
Documents\\Ralph\\Sheet Music\\LilyPond\\Classical\\Scales\\A Scale.ly"