Re: tex backend

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: tex backend
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 21:40:15 +0100

The TeX backend hasn't been actively supported for a long time
now, so it's not a surprise that it doesn't work.

Why do you want to use it?

  /Mats

Quoting "Dr. Johannes Zellner" <address@hidden>:

Hi,

I'm desperately trying to use the tex backend (as I'd like to do some
"manual" modifications to the tex output). I tried both lilypond 2.8.7
as it comes with debian and 2.10.16-1 as downloaded from lilypond.org.
Both give:

   lilypond -b tex -f tex test.ly
   Calculating page breaks...
   Layout output to `test.tex'...ERROR: Unbound variable: pages

Any ideas?

--
Johannes