Re: tex backend

From: Till Rettig
Subject: Re: tex backend
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 09:33:14 +0200

Message: 9
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 00:14:55 +0100
From: "Dr. Johannes Zellner" <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden

You wrote:
See also my other post from today where I ask how I could get a font
like (in latex)

   \newfont{\lyfontFont}{texnansi-anttr scaled 1440}

for the lilypond lyrics.

I guess lilypond-book would perfectly do the job if I could manage to
get this font for the font lyrics.

I tried

   \override Score . LyricText #'font-name = #"texnansi-anttr"

but this didn't work.

As far as I have understood this it is fairly easy to use otf fonts with
lilypond, there is a part in the documentation, I don't just remember the exact
part but you will find it, it is about using other fonts (in the example times
and arial, I think). Just insert this kind of line into the head of your files
and you will get the font globally converted.
With #(ly:font-config-display-fonts) you get all fonts that can be used by
lilypond in an easy way of inserting the line:
\override #'(font-name . "Warnock Pro" -- change the name to something you
have. Lilypond is looking for fonts in the fonts direcotry via pango, so the normal way
you install fonts on your debian should do it.

Since you use Antykwa torunska (is that right) they distribution also includes
otf fonts of the same font. Just pick them from there tex path and copy them to
the font directory, run the font update mechanism and it should show in the
list given from the first command in my mail.

hope this helpes you.

Greetings
Till