Re: Problems with Lilypond

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Problems with Lilypond
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 09:26:44 +0100

Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
Thomas Toczkowski <address@hidden> writes:

I just discoverd your great programm its cool to be able to set my own melodies to paper... but i have a problem with the examples ... i can only open, the first "a little skale" nothing else... there is always this error:

# -*-compilation-*-
aktuelles Verzeichnis kann nicht zu »D:/Latech/LilyPond/usr/share/lilypond/current/ly« geändert werden
»D:/Latech/LilyPond/usr/share/lilypond/current/ly/deutsch.ly« wird verarbeitet
Analysieren...

don't know what to do...

It looks like LilyPond cannot handle multiple-rooted filesystems.  Can you
try installing LilyPond on C:\ and see if that helps?
I haven't tried installing LilyPond anywhere else than C:\Program Files\, but
LilyPond itself does not have any problems whatsoever to handle .ly files
on other disks.
I assume that you follow the instructions and save the file on the desktop.
How do you process the file, do you drag/drop it onto the LilyPond icon
or do you simply double-click on the file?
I recommend you to read the latest version of the Tutorial at
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond/Tutorial#Tutorial
Even though it's included with the experimental development version, it's
relevant also for the current stable version 2.10, which I assume that you use.

  /Mats