Re: new to lily pond... freezing during compiling

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: new to lily pond... freezing during compiling
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 12:04:02 +0100

Please always tell what LilyPond version you are using (and on what
operating system) when sending questions to the mailing list.
The best way to troubleshoot such a problem is to run LilyPond from a
command line and look at the log printouts:
lilypond myfile.ly
or even
lilypond --verbose myfile.ly

Also, I hope you have copied the example from the version of the
documentation corresponding to your version of the program. The
templates in the manual should really work out of the box.

  /Mats

address@hidden wrote:
greetings,
i'm struggling from the outset in getting going in lily pond.  clearly it's a
very powerful program (admittedly maybe too powerful for me).  i've followed
instructions and confirmed that it's working, however when i try to copy the
jazz combo score, for example, lilypond freezes while compiling.
i'm not sure what i'm doing incorrectly but i'm frustrated in trying to figure out how to
cut 'n paste for the "basically simple" scores/leadsheets that i need to do.
how should i troubleshoot?
thx,
jamaicabob

Jamaica Bob Griffiths