Re: remove time signature

From: Anthony W. Youngman
Subject: Re: remove time signature
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 09:45:43 +0000

In message <address@hidden>, Bertalan Fodor <address@hidden> writes
\override TimeSignature #'stencil = ##f

This is a method that works for other objects as well.

Can't you also remove the time signature engraver instead? This method would also work for other objects.

You'll need to read the manual to find out how to do it, though. I think this particular engraver is likely to live in the staff context, you'll need to find out its name, and I think you want the "\with { \remove }" syntax - don't quote me on this !!!

Cheers,
Wol

Dr. Johannes Zellner írta:
Hello,

How can I remove the time signature? -- I googled and found

    \override TimeSignature #'transparent = ##t

which works but leaves some space for the 'transparent' time signature.

So: how can I completely remove the time signature?