Re: Controlling the very first bit of "preferatory" spacing?

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: Controlling the very first bit of "preferatory" spacing?
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 20:49:58 -0600

On 2/6/07, Trevor Bača <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

This is obscure, but I figure it can't hurt to ask ...

In this rhythmic snippet, the "perferatory" spacing on only the very
first system collapses down to nothing (compared to the remaining
three systems). Is there any way to control this amount of
system-initial spacing and make it equal that of the remaining three
systems?

(It seems to me there was something about this somewhere in the
manual, but I'm coming up blank.)

FWIW, I think this only happens if you're using a RhythmicStaff with
proportional notation.

%%% BEGIN %%%

\version "2.11.16"

\layout { indent = #0 }

\new Score \with {
   proportionalNotationDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1 32)
} {
   \new RhythmicStaff \with {
      \remove Time_signature_engraver
   } {
      \repeat unfold 4 {
         c'16 c'16 c'16 c'16
         c'16 c'16 c'16 c'16
         c'16 c'16 c'16 c'16
         c'16 c'16 c'16 c'16  \break

Aha. The solution is to \remove Separating_line_group_engraver in the
Staff context.

%%% BEGIN %%%

\version "2.11.18"

\paper { indent = #0 }