Re: Two staves one stops with repeat the other continues

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Two staves one stops with repeat the other continues
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 09:38:27 +0100

Of course it's possible, I just copied most of the code from your "working" example, since it probably is a good idea anyway to use separate macro definitions (identifiers) for the two parts. To get volta brackets also on the second stave, you have to add the setting voltaOnThisStaff = ##t. Here comes a new version of the full example.

\version "2.8.4"
\header {
title = "Little Chaconne"
composer = "Jay Hamilton"
copyright = "CC lic 2.5 some rights reserved Jay Hamilton 2007"
tagline = "see http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.5/";

}

#(set-global-staff-size 30)

\layout{
\context{
  \Score
  \remove Repeat_acknowledge_engraver
  \remove Default_bar_line_engraver
 }
\context{
  \Staff
  \consists Repeat_acknowledge_engraver
  \consists Default_bar_line_engraver

cello = \relative c'
{
\set Staff.instrument = "cello"
\clef bass
\key c \major
\time 4/4
\override Staff.TimeSignature #' style = #' ()
\repeat volta 3 {g,4 d' a c b d g,e'\break d b g a }
 \alternative{{c d a2}{c4 d g,2}} \bar "|."
}

violin = \relative c'
{
\set Staff.instrument = "violin"
\clef treble
\key c \major
\time 4/4
\override Staff.TimeSignature #' style = #' ()
 \repeat volta 2 {g'8 a b4 a8 b c4| b8 c d4 g8 fis e4 |d8 c b4 c8 b a b}
 \alternative{{c8 e d2.| g8 fis e4 e8 fis g fis | e d4. b8 b c d|
  g8 fis g c g e a,4}{c8 b a4 g2}}
}

\score{
<<
\new Staff \cello
\new Staff \with{voltaOnThisStaff = ##t} \violin

\layout{}
\midi { \tempo 4=60 }
}

  /Mats

Jay Hamilton wrote:
Mats- Yes your new example works fine.  I'm guessing that having two different
endings on the second line is just not possible and that is why you left it the
'older' way which is a pity as the version with endings is a bit clearer for my
students.
Anyway I am going to sit down and examine all your examples and learn what each
one is and does thank you for the education.
Jay

Jay Hamilton
www.soundand.com
206-328-7694