Re: text markup underlining

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: text markup underlining
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 09:51:39 +0100

Unfortunately, there is no simple way to do the underlining for the moment
as far as I know. I wouldn't be surprised if this is supported in Pango (i.e.
the font handling software package used by LilyPond), and in that case
it's probably not so difficult to add it to LilyPond. See also
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2006-09/msg00140.html
for a somewhat related issue.

  /Mats

Jean-marc LEGRAND wrote:

XP + lily 2.10

Hi list !

Coming from the french list where we are several to seeking a simple way of
underlining text :

Is there a simple way to underline text in markups (and everywhere else, such
as headers) ?

I've seen in the list something like \\underline, but it doesn't work at all.
I'd be very surprised
to learn that something as simple as \bold or \italic doesn't exist for
underlining...

Best regards !

JMarc

        Mats Bengtsson