Re: \n in strings causes errors

From: Michael David Crawford
Subject: Re: \n in strings causes errors
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 03:58:30 -0800

Mats Bengtsson wrote:
Try something along the lines of
copyright = \markup { \teeny \override #'(baseline-skip . 0.5) \center-align
       {  "Copyright © 1994 Michael David Crawford"
"This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.5 License."
   "To view a copy of this license, visit"
   "http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.5/";
   "or send a letter to"
"Creative Commons, 543 Howard Street, 5th Floor, San Francisco, California, 94105, USA." } }

That did the trick.  My mistake was to put \override AFTER \center-align.

and adjust the value after baseline-skip.

A baseline-skip value of 1.75 seems to give the best results.

What I'm really trying to do is have a multiline, single-spaced copyright message, so I can spell out the Creative Commons license as it's recommended to be printed: