Re: Forcing PDF to be one page?

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: Forcing PDF to be one page?
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 02:51:13 -0600

On 2/18/07, Michael David Crawford <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Again,

I'm still trying to get a score to fit on a CD jewel case insert.

Joe Neeman's suggestion that I adjust max-stretch enabled me to make the
two staves in a PianoStaff be closer together.  Unfortunately, tweaking
all the different paper variables often causes quite nonsensical
results, for example the PDF will have several pages, with only a single
system placed at the bottom of the first page with a bunch of blank
space above.

Is there some way I can force Lilypond to just make the PDF fit on a
single page?  It's a short enough song that it should be able to do it.

Hm ... there is the following override ...

 \override NonMusicalPaperColumn #'line-break-permission = ##f

... which you'll need to do either in the Score's \with block or in a
\context block. If you make the override directly in music entry, use
\overrideProperty "Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn" etc, instead.

That *should* prevent lily from inserting any page breaks whatsoever.
Mail back if it does in fact do the trick.

--
Trevor Bača