Missing user rights? / "no fonts found" / Lilypond 2.10.19-1 on OS X 10.

From: Oguz Erden
Subject: Missing user rights? / "no fonts found" / Lilypond 2.10.19-1 on OS X 10.4.8 (Intel)
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 18:19:19 +0100

Hi,

I am using Lilypond since Version "2.8.0" to score bagpipe music under Mac OS X. Everything went fine until the last version (2.10.18) so far , even after changing my hardware to Intel CPU.

Now, with the last update to 2.10.19-1 I get following error message during the first initialization run (Typeset file):

"...No fonts found; this probably means that the fontconfig
library is not correctly configured. You may need to
edit the fonts.conf configuration file. More information
about fontconfig can be found in the fontconfig(3) manual
page and on http://fontconfig.org"

Typesetting the file under root account is no problem, only when I am logged in as normal user I get the error message mentioned above. Looks like insufficient  privileges - so I tried giving /etc/fonts more rights, but it didn't work out. I also had a look in the fonts.conf, but nothing suspicious to me.

Has anyone an idea, where to set the proper privileges? Any suggestions is very much appreciated, as I don't want to work with root rights.
Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Erden Oguz

My system: PowerBook Pro (Intel) running OS X 10.4.8

--
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion.
Q: Why is top posting bad?