Re: Problems with Lilypond-book, accidentals, and time signatures

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Problems with Lilypond-book, accidentals, and time signatures
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 11:25:14 +0100

This sounds like some weird problem with some font file. I seem to remember that there were some similar problems
in some distributions of version 2.6 or possibly version 2.8
but not in any of the 2.10 packages available at www.lilypond.org.
I hope you have made sure that you really use version 2.10 and not some older version that's left from some previous installation.

  /Mats

Quoting Aaron Dalton <address@hidden>:

Aaron Dalton wrote:
Aaron Dalton wrote:
I am trying to incorporate some musical fragments into a brief paper I'm
writing.  Here is the snippet:

\begin[fragment,staffsize=15]{lilypond}
        \relative c {
                \key c \major
                \clef bass
                \time 4/4
                r8 e e e e e e e e e e e e e fis fis
        }
\end{lilypond}

Here's the script that compiles it:

#!/bin/sh

rm -rf lilyscratch
lilypond-book --psfonts $1.tex --output lilyscratch
cd lilyscratch
latex $1
latex $1
dvips -h $1.psfonts -o -Ppdf $1.dvi
ps2pdf $1.ps
cp $1.pdf somewhere
cd ..

Problem 1) I don't get a time signature (C, in this case) unless I do:
        \override Staff.TimeSignature #'style = #'()
which gives me 4/4.

Problem 2) Note the initial 8th note rest is not rendered.

Problem 3) Note the # sign is not printed for the F sharps.

I'm running under FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE.  I am using the following versions:

- Lilypond 2.10.13 (the FreeBSD package)
- pdfeTeX (latex) 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4) kpathsea version 3.5.4
- dvips(k) 5.95a
- ps2pdf, version unknown
- ghostscript-gnu v2.07-15 (for the latex system, not lilypond)

I would really appreciate any advice you could give me.  I'm not sure
where to start.

As a follow-up, it appears natural signs render fine, but not sharps.

As a further follow-up, flats also render fine.  The problem seems to be
solely with the rests and the sharp signs.  Updating to 2.10.19 did not
correct the problem.

--
Aaron Dalton       |   Super Duper Games
address@hidden   |   http://superdupergames.org