Re: Importing PDF into Adobe Illustrator

From: Fred Leason
Subject: Re: Importing PDF into Adobe Illustrator
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 15:23:09 -0600

Your goal is to create an 8.5x11 pdf with some text and the jewel case sized graphic. And you want to avoid importing the PDF into Illustrator because Illustrator wants to reformat everything and is not doing that well. Rather than using Illustrator, why not try a raster graphics package like Photoshop Elements. It will open pdf output and raster-ize it. Once raster-ized, you could crop it save it and pull it into Illustrator or anything else as a graphic, not a ps style file. Mine works fine.

Other than that, figuring out a custom page size for Lilypond or using Latex or pdflatex and lilypond-book.

That is the best I can do.  Good luck.