Re: Rests with multiple parts and text above parts

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Rests with multiple parts and text above parts
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 09:37:36 +0100

Rebecca Gilbert wrote:
I have a transcription that I'm working on in 4 vocal parts and in more than one place, I have multiple parts on a rest. If both voices on a staff are on a rest, how do I display one rest centered rather than two rests above each other.

The first instance of the rests that I want to fix is in bar 4. I want the bass clef to share one rest. I tried putting s4 in one part, but the other rest was still off set.

See http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2006-06/msg00020.html
The other question I have is about additional words above the text. In bar 48-49, I have some echo words and the spacing is funny. How do I define the spacing that I want so the word is all on the same level?

Just typeset them as a separate lyrics line. See http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2007-02/msg00196.html
for an example.

  /Mats