Re: Adjusting staff size and changing fonts

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Adjusting staff size and changing fonts
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 12:55:15 +0100

See http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2006-08/msg00482.html
and
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2006-12/msg00351.html

Note that (/ myStaffSize 20) is lisp code which just divides the value of the variable myStaffSize with 20, so what this last argument to make-pango-font-tree means is simply a scaling factor relative to the default font size, which is 20pt.

  /Mats

Matthias Böhringer wrote:
Hello all,

I am currently using lilypond 2.10.13 in Win XP, just in case this
should matter.

I'm trying to use other fonts than the default. I was partly
successful, as I discovered the "define fonts" command. However, I
could not find, where this command is documented in the lilypond
documentation.

Example: #(define fonts
(make-pango-font-tree "Savoy-Osf" "LucidaSans" "LucidaTypewriter"
        (/ 20 20)))

What exactly does the last line do?

In the same vein, I tried to change fonts and at the same time to
adjust the staff size. However, using "set-global-staff-size" (or
"layout-set-staff-size") seems to always revert my font selection to
the default font.

What do I need to do to adjust the staff size and keep my selected
fonts?

Any hints, where this is documented?

Liebe Grüße, Matthias

        Mats Bengtsson