Re: Beams not connecting

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: Beams not connecting
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 10:27:07 -0500

    Hans> On 27 Feb 2007, at 04:48, Graham Percival wrote:
    >> If this is a bug report, please see
    >> http://lilypond.org/web/devel/participating/bugs

    Hans> I made a bug report. But what is the stuff of making a top posting
    Hans> comment about not top posting on this the link above? :-)

I think there's a script that looks for mail of the form:

One or more lines not beginning with greater than sign

> Followed by one or more lines beginning with greater than sign

And decides that they're top-posts.

Since lilypond code  quite often looks like:

notes = {a b c}
\score {
<<
        \notes

This triggers the script.  You can work around it by putting a line
beginning with a greater than sign before your lilypond code:

> I'm not top posting

notes = {a b c}
\score {
<<
        \notes

I'm not saying I approve of either the mechanism or the purpose of the
script.  I'm just saying that's what it does.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (501) 641-5011
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139