Re: Switching between two- and three-staves piano score

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Switching between two- and three-staves piano score
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 09:53:25 +0100

Just read the whole section on "Hiding staves" carefully, and you will find the
answer.

  /Mats

Thomas Ruedas wrote:
On Monday 26 February 2007 21:48, Rune Zedeler wrote:
I'm trying to typeset a piece for solo piano where temporarily a third
staff is needed.
http://mutopiaproject.org/cgibin/piece-info.cgi?id=314
Thanks Rune, I see that basically you defined a third staff throughout and made it disappear somewhere in between where it was empty, although with the rather limited knowledge I have of Lilypond I don't quite get how you did it. Anyway, I come closer to the goal now after I discovered the \RemoveEmptyStaffContext thing (see manual http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.6/Documentation/user/lilypond.html#Hiding-staves). However, one thing is still odd, namely the appearance of the empty third staff at the beginning of the piece, where it is not supposed to be there (it should appear first only several bars into the piece). Now I have
iii = \context Staff {
        \context Voice = "iii"
        \voiceThree
\override Staff.TimeSignature #'style = #'()
\clef bass \key bes \major \time 6/8
s8 s2.*79
r4. r4 #(set-octavation -1) <a,, a,>8 }
\score {
  \context PianoStaff <<
    \context Staff=upper <<
      \i

    \context Staff=lower <<
      \ii

    \context Staff=bass <<
      \iii

  \layout {
    \context { \RemoveEmptyStaffContext }
}

So, how do I get rid of that empty staff at the beginning?
Thomas

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems