Re: \flageolet too big

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: \flageolet too big
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 07:44:08 +0100 (CET)

> % Here is some Scheme code to define a music expression which
> % behaves like an articulation, and which modifies the grob
> % associated with it.
> %
> % The example below defines \F which is the same as \flageolet
> % but with a smaller flageolet glyph.
>
> F = #(let ((m (make-music 'ArticulationEvent
>                           'articulation-type "flageolet")))
>        (set! (ly:music-property m 'tweaks)
>              (acons 'font-size -3
>                     (ly:music-property m 'tweaks)))
>        m)
>
> \relative c'' {
>   c4^\F c4_\F
> }

There's one problem which is still unsolved.  The `font-size' property
is always relative to the style-sheet's normal size; it doesn't take
into account the case where an object's size has already been reduced.

What I need is a Scheme function to find the parent grob for the
object just created with `make-music' so that I can extract the
parent's `font-size' value.  However, I've failed to find something
appropriate.  Perhaps it's just my limited Scheme abilities...

Can someone help?

    Werner