augmentation dot too far away

From: Daniel Fortune
Subject: augmentation dot too far away
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:56:41 -0500

Greetings,

I'm working on a hymn where the soprano has a dotted quarter note on treble F, and the alto has a half note a step below on E-flat. The augmentation dot of the F is showing up following the E-flat instead of the F--making the E-flat look like a dotted half note. (I'm not sure, but it may be that the E-flat should really appear before the F in this instance--I don't have any of my music notation bibles on hand ...)

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I've searched the manual and archives and didn't see an analogous situation that might help me. Could someone offer a suggestion or workaround?

I'm using version 2.10.0 on Win XP.

Thanks,

Dan Fortune