Re: Switching between two- and three-staves piano score

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Switching between two- and three-staves piano score
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 09:51:00 +0100

The \override command as it is written in the manual, is intended to be
inserted before the first note in any of the staves.

If you wish, can also insert such an override command in a \layout block,
\layout{
 \context{
   \Score
   \override VerticalAxisGroup #'remove-first = ##t

See the chapter on Changing Defaults for more information. Even if you use
version 2.8, it may be a good idea to look at the latest version of the manual,
since it keeps getting better and better and there have been very few
changes in the syntax compared to version 2.8 (at least in the general principles).

  /Mats