Re: Spacing issues

From: Arvid Grøtting
Subject: Re: Spacing issues
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 18:45:51 +0000 (UTC)

David Feuer <david.feuer <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I should mention that I wouldn't mind shifting the dynamics down and
> left to get them out of the way and let the lyrics move down, but I
> couldn't figure out how to make that happen.

I've started using

    \override DynamicText #'X-offset = #-2

in vocal pieces now.  With 2.11, you only need to move them left; skyline stuff
moves them down if possible.  This is way, *way* cool.

With very long dynamic texts, like \pppp, you may need to put a \once
\override... with another number just before that dynamic, of course.

Arvid