Re: Need Help Posting to LSR

From: Cameron Horsburgh
Subject: Re: Need Help Posting to LSR
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 20:11:19 +1100

On Sun, Mar 04, 2007 at 02:11:21AM -0600, Fred Leason wrote:

>    At Stan Sanderson's suggestion, I put together an LSR entry for using
>    an Anglican Chant template.  Here are all the piece parts.  I just
>    need help figuring out how to add it.
>
>    [1]Outline of instructions rtfd
>
>    [2]LilyPond init file to be included ly
>
>    [3]LilyPond ly
>
>    [4]TeX tex
>
>    [5]Copy of original chant from Hymnal 1985 png
>
>    [6]Copy of sample pointed text from Hymnal 1985 png
>
>    [7]Final output pdf
>
>    The problem, on OSX using Firefox, I try to paste in the S39.ly file,
>    but it does not compile.  I cannot tell if it is a line ending problem
>    but it seems to find unnecessary double quote characters.  Can anyone
>    at least look at the [8]LilyPond and tell me why this will not process
>    on the server?  Thanks.
>
>    On Feb 27, 2007, at 9:37 PM, Stan Sanderson wrote:
>
>    On Feb 27, 2007, at 9:17 PM, Fred Leason wrote:
>
>    I do this all the time for chant.  You use "\once \override LyricText
>    #'self-alignment-X = #LEFT" for the last word of the line.  Try this:
>
>    Fred-
>
>    It would seem that this would be a good candidate for the LilyPond
>    Snippet repository...
>
>    [9]http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/html/contributing.html
>
>    Thanks!
>
>    Stan

I've noticed two problems, and I'm working on a third.

First, the LSR doesn't (AFAIU) like /include statements --- I think
this is because it runs in safe mode and won't do it for security
reasons. So you'll have to combine it all into one file. Second, the
LSR is running a stable Lilypond, so you'll need to modify your file
to use 2.10 syntax. This may not seem to be so hard -- if I comment
the version number it compiles cleanly.

I've had a very quick look at the file, and I'm having trouble getting
it to convert the ps into pdf. But it produces png without any hassle,
so I imagine this isn't the problem at the LSR's end.

Cameron Horsburgh