Markup extand

From: yota moteuchi
Subject: Markup extand
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 06:48:51 -0500

In order to add a tempo mark, I use a tweak found on the lilypond documentation website :

tempoMark = #(define-music-function (parser location markp) (string?)
#{
    \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X = #left
    \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'extra-spacing-width = #'(+inf.0 . -inf.0)
    \mark \markup { \smaller \italic \bold $markp }
#})

I work perfectly but I don't understand why in the viola part (see example), starting with 12 whole rests, the tempoMark push the first bar away. While it doesn't behave like this elsewhere.

Yota